At this point, unless you live under a rock, you’ve heard about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
The sale has been open to Nordstrom card holders for about a week now and will be opening to all tomorrow (more appropriate tomorrow/tonight at 2am). I know there are some people that are hardcore enough to log on at 2am and start shopping. I am NOT one of those people, but I commend you if you are.
This is the first year, however, that I’m a card holder so this is the first year I got to shop early, which was pretty exciting; it also meant I had a lot less issues with items selling out before I could get to them. So, if you’re not a card holder and you start having issues/getting frustrated with items selling out; consider applying for a Nordstrom card and you will have a much easier time at the next sale.
With the sale opening up to the public tomorrow, I wanted to share a few of my favorite things from this sale that I’ve either already purchased/have being shipped to me/want/etc.
This sale always has a lot of good basic and layering pieces, which is what I have a tendency to be drawn to. While I am all about saving money and getting good deals on clothes (and everything else); I will spend a little bit more on things that I know I’m going to wear a lot so that they last for a long time and don’t look worn out after two washes or whatever.
So, if you need basic pieces, definitely check this sale out; there’s a ton of stuff. I’m only showing you a few items that I’m most excited about. And I will list sale prices with each item, so you can get an idea of the savings with this sale.
And without further adieu….
- Madewell Abroad Trench: Sale: $91.90, Regularly $138. This is just a classic trench coat; to know me is to know I love a good trench. This is currently sold out in most sizes, but I’m guessing it should be restocked in the next day or so with the public access opening up.
- Caslon Woven Print Top: Sale: $49.90, Regularly $79. This is one of the first things I bought and love it. It’s a really lightweight shirt, so I can wear in the fall, in the spring, and even in the winter with a cardigan over it. It’s really versatile and just a really pretty top.
- Sam Edelman Riviera Flat: Sale: $79.90, Regularly: $120. I didn’t think I was going to like these, so I waited to try them on in store and they are really comfy and the uneven edge just adds a really cute detail. They were true to size for me, so grab your normal size if you try them online. There are several different patterns and colors to choose from.
- Caslon Back Zip Pullover Sweater: Sale: $39.90, Regularly: $59. I love the back zipper detail of this sweater. It’s just enough to give it some character, but not so much that it’s overpowering. I love sweaters a little oversized, so I ordered one size up and it’s perfect for me.
- Hinge Ruffled V-Neck Blouse: Sale: $45.90, Regularly $69. If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll remember I didn’t like this top so much online, but I adored it in store. It fits true to size and comes in a few patterns. It’s definitely something I will wear a ton this fall and winter.
- Halogen High Waist Wide Leg Pant: Sale: $59.90, Regularly $89. You guys know I love a good wide leg and grey pinstripe is not something that is currently in my closet. These are so comfy; they will be worn to work a ton. They are true to size and come in a couple different colors/patterns. They’re a pretty perfect work pant.
- B.P. Stitched Faux Leather Tote: Sale: $25.90, Regularly: $39. I LOVE THIS BAG! This is easily in my top three of favorite purchases. It is a faux leather but it is SO soft and a perfect cognac color for the fall. It’s perfect for a work tote, diaper bag, regular tote, etc. I’m actually using it this weekend as an overnight bag for a wedding Devon and I are going to in PA. I just need a few things, so I’m going to throw it all in this bag.
- B.P. Stitch Curved Hem Cardigan: Sale: $31.90, Regularly: $49. Another great basic staple piece that I’m likely going to wear all the time. I got it in gray because I don’t actually have a good gray cardigan. This one is a nice medium weight, IMO and covers your rear, if you want that and will layer beautifully. I sized up one because I like my cardigans a little oversized.
- Caslon Two Pocket Knit Blazer: Sale: $39.90, Regularly: $59. This is the blazer that feels like a cardigan. So if you’re someone who wants the look of a blazer without the sometimes constricting or stiff feeling, grab this one. It’s available in a bunch of colors. It is true to size, but I sized up one because it looked better, to me, a little looser.
- O’Neill Gale Jacket: Sale: $38.90, Regularly: $60. Another absolute favorite. This is the perfect rain jacket/fall jacket. It’s not super heavy, which is what I wanted; it’s just warm enough to wear with a sweater and a scarf when it’s cooler and yet light enough to wear in the spring when it’s super rainy. Plus, it’s long enough to cover your bottom, which I like in a jacket.
- Kut From The Kloth Natalie Bootcut Jeans: Sale: $59.90, Regularly: $90. You all know I love a good bootcut or flare jean. These are really good if you’re someone who loves the skinny jean look but wants something with a little flare in the ankle. They are also pretty soft and really comfortable.
- B.P. Drop Shoulder Ribbed Sweater: Sale: $25.90, Regularly: $39.00. Such a good basic sweater. You can layer a tee under it, wear a pretty scarf with it. It would work for work, with jeans, with leggings; just a good staple piece. It’s already a bit oversized so I grabbed it in my normal size.
Hopefully seeing a few pieces helped if you were looking to shop the sale. My style is a bit different than some other collections you may have seen; I like more classic, basic pieces that I can dress up or down, so that’s kind of what I went with here.
If you’ve already shopped the sale, feel free to share what you picked up in the comments!