I haven’t done any experimenting in awhile in regards to my beauty routine. I’d been pretty happy with what I was using so I just kept with it, but lately, I feel like I need a bit of a change. I’m not entirely sure what I feel like I need the change in, so I kind of just want to try out a bunch of things and see what I like out of all of it.
There is literally no rhyme or reason to any of this, and I’m sure many people would tell me there is a particular way to do this to really see what is effective for my skin and what isn’t.
But that seems a lot more complicated than I’m feeling in my life right now.
I just want to try some new stuff and go from there. I have made lists, though, which is pretty organized and about as methodical as I’m getting here.
Now, before I get into what new beauty products I’m looking at trying out, let’s talk about my skin.
End of story.
But, if you need more detail than that, I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. It feels like it is LITERALLY the worst skin to tame and work with. I know I will appreciate the oily factor, as like all of the women in my family, who look about 20 years younger in their faces than they actually are.
However, I kind of currently hate it. And that statement is not likely to change anytime soon.
Onto the experimenting!
Mind you, I am not trying everything in all categories at the same time, these are just things I’m interested in and that seem to fit my skin type well. So, if you have tried any of these or have any oily/sensitive/acne-prone skin recommendations feel free to leave them in the comments!
I’m happy to come back and let you all know what I think of things as I try things out, though. I think I’m going to start in the foundation category, just not sure which option yet, mostly because it’s my biggest category.
- Giorgio Armani Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation.
- Makeup Forever Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation.
- Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup.
- Covergirl Clean Matte Foundation.
- Diorskin Forever Undercover Foundation.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation.
- Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Makeup.
- Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation.
- BECCA Ever-Matte Shine Proof Foundation.
- LORAC POREfection Foundation.
- Fenty Beauty Pro Flit’r Instant ReTouch Setting Powder.
- Kat Von D Lock-It Setting Powder.
- Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Setting Powder.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray.
- Dermablend Loose Setting Powder.
- NYX HD Finishing Powder.
- NYX Mineral Matte Finishing Powder.
- Mac Prep + Prime Skim Primer.
- MakeUp Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer.
- Too Faced Primed and Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer.
- NARS Pore & Shine Control Primer.
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Primer Oil-Free Primer.
- Covergirl truBLEND Base Business Face Primer.
- Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.
- Tarte Poreless Mattifying Primer.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Primer.
- NYX Angel Veil Skin Perfecting Primer.
- Pixi by Petra Flawless & Poreless Primer.
- Milani Prime Shield Mattifying & Pore-Minimizing Primer.
- Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner.
- OleHenriksen Balancing Force Oil Control Toner.
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3 Primer.
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Clearing Toner.
- Origins Zero Oil Pore Purifying Toner.
- Biore Charcoal Cleansing Micellar Water.
- Lancome Tonique Pure Focus Toner.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Day Face Moisturizer for Oily Skin.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Face Moisturizer.
- Cetaphil Pro Oil-Control Moisturizer.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream.
- Fresh Umbrian Clay Oil-Free Lotion.
- Tatcha The Water Cream.
- Boscia Green Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer.