I know the school year is almost over (yay!), but I’m always on the lookout for quick and healthy lunches that I can eat in the five minutes I might actually have, as a school counselor, to sit and eat (and check email or do paperwork). I always want something that will keep me moving throughout the afternoon without weighting me down, something I can so while multi-tasking, and something delicious.
These wraps are perfect for that. The turkey provides the protein I need to keep moving, the baby spinach gives me that iron kick (that we know I badly need), and the red peppers provide a good dose of vitamin C and A (among other awesome health benefits). The provolone cheese, tomatoes, and ranch dressing add a good dose of flavor without adding a lot of calories. You could substitute a low-cal mayo for the ranch dressing if you want less calories, but I’ve never been a big mayo fan.
- 1 burrito sized wrap, I used whole wheat
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- 2oz smoked turkey breast
- 2 slices thin provolone cheese
- 2 thin slices of a beefsteak tomato
- 1/4 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- Handful of baby spinach
1. Spread ranch dressing around the center of the wrap. Then layer turkey, cheese, tomatoes, peppers, and spinach. Be sure to leave about an inch border to close the wrap.
2. Fold in the sides and roll wrap tightly until all ingredients are secured inside. Cut in half.